September 8, 2009

Kathmandu


I went running, twice. Let me just say that Kathmandu is not an ideal place to run. 

Out of ten, I give it a minus four. 

But makes for a good story. Interesting experience: mud everywhere, dodging cars, motorcyclists, people, dead rats, stray dogs while trying to not stick out like a neon idiot among the locals. I feel like a giant running here and my strides feel somewhat obnoxious next to the peaceful street vendors. Sometimes I need to run and I needed to run here, and it turned out to be an adventure.
"I always loved running...it was something you could do by yourself, and under your own power. You could go in any direction, fast or slow as you wanted, fighting the wind if you felt like it, seeking out new sights just on the strength of your feet and the courage of your lungs." -Jesse Owens