October 15, 2009

How I first came to know Bali....

Before I left North America, I was given the memoir Eat, Pray, Love to read by a very dear friend (thank you Taylre)...and this is when I first spent time reading about Bali. I don't really remember picking Bali on the map or even Indonesia for that matter when planning our itinerary around the world...it just seemed natural to come here before Australia. It is truly just as magical as Elizabeth Gilbert describes it. Julia Roberts is presently in Bali filming the movie...and so it is that my life has crossed paths with this incredible story once again.


"But is it such a bad thing to live like this for just a little while? Just for a few months of one's life, is it so awful to...nap in a garden, in a patch of sunlight, in the middle of the day, right next to your favorite fountain? And then to do it again the next day?"  -Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia)