December 15, 2013

Pay it forward. Pass it on. And do it with great love.


A few weeks ago in Costa Rica, Ben & Ali (two of my favourite people on earth), slept on a beach after locking their backpacks to a tree...when they woke up the next morning, their bags were gone. All is not lost however and they are safe and happy. That is what matters the most.

At the end of the month, I'll be heading down to meet up with them and in preparation, I've been gathering a few "need to have" items so that they can carry on with their adventures through Central America over the next few months before we meet up again at Coachella in April.

That brings me to Lululemon on Queen Street in Toronto on a snowy day in December. I planned to buy Ali a few essentials and in the process, I explained the situation to one of the girls working. She then blew me away with her holiday spirit and generosity...explaining that Lululemon would like to provide Ali with an entire outfit. I can't begin to explain how awesome I think this is! It's a story worth sharing.

And so...that leaves me with this message, if you're in a position to help, give thanks, show gratitude, exude appreciation or provide advice. Do so. 

Karma is is the concept of "action" or "deed", understood as that which causes the entire cycle of cause and effect. Pass it on.

Happy holidays!