Toronto is home to many talented chefs and exceptional places to eat. Here is a short list of my favourites - some just discovered and others tried, tested, and true.
1. Harvest Kitchen. Sit on the patio, try something you wouldn't normally order, feel the spirit of their community ethos while you enjoy a local brew and wonderful meal.
2. Ruby Watchco. On the east end, worth the short trip via a Queen Street streetcar (if you're coming from downtown). Expect to eat a lot so go with an empty stomach and be open-minded to the set menu. I've had my best dinners in Toronto here. Order the add-ons, always.
3. A new local favourite, Fonda Lola on Queen Street. A great place for drinks and small authentic Mexican sharing plates. This place has loads of charm. Sit on the patio to escape the city, sit in the window to take it all in.
4. Cafe Bar Pasta on Dundas Street. A small, upbeat Italian restaurant that does simple food really well.
5. Saving Grace. If you love good food and slowing down, this gem has some of the best food in the city. Great for small parties or solo missions.
6. Golden Turtle on Ossington Avenue. A weekly stop in my schedule. The mango smoothies are killer. Everything is affordable, service is fast, and food is delicious.
7. St. Lawrence Market. Go to take photos, buy groceries, eat lunch or just explore.