January 6, 2015

Whole-heartedly digging in. Kenya bound!

“Abandon anything about your life and habits that might be holding you back. Learn to create your own opportunities. Know that there is no finish line; fortune favours action. Race balls-out toward the extraordinary life that you’ve always dreamed of, or still haven’t had time to dream up. And prepare to have a hell of a lot of fun along the way.”
Here we are in 2015, time to get busy working hard, reading lots, and oh yeah...travel to Kenya. That's right, Kenya!

For those who missed the bit about making a major life change in September, read this, for the rest of ya'll...this is yet another piece of the journey.


Kenya and Tanzania bound!

In early 2014, I was inspired by a web series called The Kenya Project featuring two badass runners, Desiree Linden and Lanni Marchant (see below). 

I kept that little nugget in the back of my mind as something to explore later. And I did. On January 13th, I'm heading to Lornah Kiplagat's High Altitude Training Centre (HATC) in Iten, Kenya where I plan to train for one month before spending some additional time in Tanzania.

It is sure to be an adventure. I'm super stoked and a bit nervous at the same time. In the spirit of living a fearless life, I am whole-heartedly digging in. When I've had moments of resistance over the past few weeks, I think about how much I am going to learn from this trip and how alive I felt when I booked my flights.

We all have crazy dreams that might seem odd to others, screw it! Muffle the naysayers and ignore them. Go for it!



New goals for 2015. I also decided to build on my five year goals that I set last year (see how they have changed).